The Department for Education states that compliant operating
leases bring the following benefits
• The school doesnt have to pay the full cost of the asset upfront, so you don't need to use up other
• Leasing may mean you have access to a higher standard of equipment, which might be too
expensive for you to buy otherwise
• The asset is effectively paid for over the fixed period of time that you use it, which helps you
budget for the future
• As monthly rental costs are usually fixed, it can be easier to forecast cashflow
Example for reference
10x Promethean AP6-65A-4K Award winning ActivPanel at £2,428.00 +vat each
Three Year Operating Lease, paid in advance by standing order/direct debit
£7,195.23+vat per annum
Minimum capex value is £4,000 +vat with no upper limits. Payments can be in advance or arrears
and can also be deferred for one or more months.
End of term options
• RETURN – The equipment can be returned penalty free.
• RETAIN – The equipment can be kept in-situ for either a new fixed period of time or on a payment
by payment basis.
• REFRESH – The equipment can be replaced with new technology.
• COMBINE – A combination of the above.